Followers

Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 31

My New Year resolution is to eat my weight in scones. With lots of clotted cream, jam and butter.

It's almost 12:30 p.m. here and Kristi is still asleep. We are going to bum around Canterbury today like we have been doing for the past two days. Yesterday, we popped into Dover and took pictures. It was uber exciting, as you can tell.

A really nice older Brazilian woman stayed in our hostel room last night. She talked in Portuguese in her sleep. She'll be here one more night. The French couple has left. Really, when will the Swedish guys come in? Kristi and I will probably have to stay three more nights- not because we're waiting for Swedish guys. I really, really hope that I can move into my dorm on the Jan. 6. If not, I'll have to wait until the rest of the Americans arrive on the 10th. I'm the only person from Texas this semester at Christ Church, I was told by the CCCU International Office. I bet the five other Americans will be from hard to spell places like Massachusetts and Oregon.

I enjoy walking miles in the freezing rain. I can't wait until it gets colder; I hope it snows. I know I'll just be flipping out if it snows.

The bunk bed Kristi and I are sleeping in is pushed up against a small fireplace. The hostel is a 120-year-old house. I can hear a goose outside and at nights I can usually hear an owl. Sometimes a rooster crows in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment